Encina Veterinary Hospital is a full-service hospital prepared to handle any pet care need, whether it’s an annual wellness exam or a more complex matter. Encina has immediate access to state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and skilled staff. There is a wide array of experts on staff including board-certified specialists in internal medicine, oncology, dentistry, as well as experienced technicians, doctor’s assistants, and administrative personnel.
Preventative Pet Care
Encina Veterinary Hospital offers standard preventative care services such as, annual wellness exams and vaccinations. Dentistry is an important part of their preventative care services. 85% of adult pets have dental disease which can cause bad breath or bacterial infections that can spread through the entire body causing other diseases. Good oral practices are key preventative measures in pet care, especially in senior pets.
As part of your pet’s annual wellness exam, your veterinarian will perform an oral exam and discuss home-care practices such as teeth brushing and diet as important preventative steps. It may be recommended that your pet have a professional dental cleaning and dental x-rays taken to diagnose a potentially serious problem. For issues extending beyond normal cleaning, our experts on staff can provide cavity repairs and enamel restorations, root canal therapy, oral surgery, and advanced periodontal therapy.
Encina Veterinary Hospital has a modern well-equipped surgical suite which is prepared to handle any type of procedure. The scope of our surgical services ranges from elective to critical care/lifesaving. Here are some of the surgical procedures available:
– Spay/Ovariohysterectomy (OVH)
– Dew Claw Removal
– Tail Docking
you can read more about our elective surgeries by clicking here
More Complex Surgeries
– Orthopedic – for simple to complex fractures, ligament and tendon injuries, and hip dysplasia and lameness evaluations.
– Oncologic mass removals – removal of cancerous masses in such areas as the intestines, spleen, mouth, and limbs.
– Laparoscopic and thoracoscopic procedures – a small incision allows doctors to look inside and operate in the abdominal and chest cavities with video-guided instruments; one of these procedures includes laparoscopic gastropexy for breeds at high risk of bloat or gastric torsion.
– Gastrointestinal explorations – for foreign body removal and intestinal obstructions.
Encina Veterinary Hospital has acquired the most advanced equipment, intended for human hospitals, to assist our veterinarians in the diagnosis of any illness, condition, or injury. Our in-house laboratory equipment and staff can quickly analyze blood chemistries, blood gases/pH, electrolytes, and cytology – allowing for immediate treatment to begin.
Here is a list of other high-tech tools available at Encina’s facility:
– Digital Radiology (x-ray): the digital images provide a high level of detail which allows our veterinarians to immediately diagnose specific areas of concern.
– Ultrasonography with ultra-high definition imagery: the same equipment used in human medicine allows our veterinarians to examine the heart as well as soft issues and organs, the abdomen, and small body parts such as thyroid glands, tendons, and eyes.
– Endoscopy: the veterinarian feeds a small video camera scope inside the stomach, small intestine, colon, bronchus, and other bodily areas to view internal organs.
– Laparoscopic liver biopsy: enables biopsies of the liver to be taken with a less invasive procedure than the traditional surgery.
– CT Scanner: much like digital radiographs, a CT scanner allows veterinarians to see the most complex internal parts of the body without the invasive surgery.
A crucial part of treatment is pain management. Encina’s veterinarians are skilled to take proactive measures to ensure your pet is comfortable and pain free. Depending on the treatment or procedure, the doctor will manage pain with a variety of effective and long lasting medications – before, during, and after surgery. An assortment of pain treatments can be prescribed to either give at home or apply via a patch that provides several days of pain relief.